Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope, and Grootsbus

  Ok, so my father ordered a rather early wake up call in Cape Town, to which I reluctantly adhered to.
Me in the Morning w/o coffee. Taken 2 days ago. 
    Breakfast was great, we then did a tour of the coastal cities on the way down to the Cape of Good Hope.  I saw some interesting things like shark watchers on a cliff overlooking a beach to insure that either the surfers are safe or that they are indeed being eaten by a shark and nothing else.  Other than that, I'm pretty sure I ticked off the driver by passing out.  My parents insisted I sit in the front so I'd get the best view.  Noble and wonderful intentions, but jet lag had me.  Went to the Cape and went to the top of a small cliff with my Dad.  The wind was so strong and cold that it could only be from Antarctica.  Then we drove back (me sleeping) through the scenic route (didn't see a thing).  Later we had an astounding dinner with a wine tasting with a friend of my parents.  She was French and my age.  My sisters tell me to take one for the team, but I think that phrase only counts if it was a bad deal for me.  Anyways,  that was that.  The next day we woke up and strolled around Cape Town and took a tour boat that didn't show much but some (and I will only say this word for these animals or puppies and nothing else) adorable seals.  Then off to Walker's Bay to a private reserve called Grootsbus.  This place gave a WHOLE cottage to myself and it took 5 minutes to walk from there to the main place.  The food again was fantastic.  The next morning I was supposed to go cage diving with Great White Sharks in sub-zero temperatures.
  But because of epic gale force winds from Antarctica, no boats were allowed on the sea.  I was upset that I didn't get to see the Sharks but even more upset that the sharks never got to see me. 
  So plant tour here I come.  It was entertaining but more relaxing which was cool.  Then back to Cape Town and on to Johannesburg for one last cool plane ride.  

1 comment: