Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Kingspool

  The 2nd Time in Johannesburg we met up with my Sister and her husband.  We were in a hotel right across from the airport (20 steps almost) and were already accosted by men who want money for just looking at us.  So that was odd.  After dinner and a fantastic hangout at the pool we called it for the night.  

  From there we flew to Maun, Botswana and then to Kings Pool which is in the Linyati.
It is on the red dot somewhere.
   This place is great.  The room was HUGE and we almost immediately when on a game drive with our quick witted guide, Lemme.  We saw Elephants, Baboons, and Giraffes but the scene stealers were the Lions.  Usually, Lions go in prides of 2 lazy males and several more hardworking females who kill the food and nurture the young while the men live vicariously through them.  Think of the bond girls who don't do much but claim they were helpful.  That's what male lions are in a pride.  Other than prides, you may see a singular male lion seeking to break into the Pride industry.  We saw 4 male lions, who were brothers, and were gay.  Incest gay. The one with the biggest mane was going at it with his "bro" every 3 minutes.  I guess their motto really was bros before hoes.
  After seeing the pride of gay lions (Gay Pride! Get it?!) [Disclaimer: I have nothing against LGBT community, I was just surprised].  We met a really chill and genuine couple from Connecticut and had dinner with them.  The Next day after waking up at 5 in the COLD morning, I realize I won't be on wifi for a week.  I'm in the dark in Botswana.  I was told before, but then it hit me.  So I just figured that out, however all worries subsided when I saw a leopard in between a HUGE lion and a ginormous elephant.  Her predicament was captivating to say the least.  She climbed up a tree and probably hid there till the lion left.  After another dinner and chatting with a new couple [the wife who hasn't hit middle age yet and the husband who's from the middle ages] I was pooped.  I woke up at the same time, did a drive and left for Mombo.  During the drive in the morning, we saw one of the male lions of the Gay Pride being followed by a female lion.  He entertained the idea but ultimately decided that girls probably weren't his thing.  Also, probs not the best idea to piss off the hunter of the species.  I know the male lions are bigger and stronger, but the females actually do the killing.  So he past out and that was that. 
    Leaving our guide was pretty hard.  Lemme was the coolest and my sister with her husband really connected with him.  As we took of on our small plane we saw him waving goodbye to us.  My sister looked like she just experienced seeing Toy Story 3 for the first time. Unfortunately, it won't be the last time we cried over leaving our wonderful guides.  

No comments:

Post a Comment