Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Post Africa

  Yesterday, I returned home from a 2 week trip in South Africa and Botswana (and Namibia).  I took a flight from New York to Jackson, MS where I am originally from to get prepared.  Then a two hour flight to Atlanta with a VERY talkative Canadian by me.  She took no hints and spoke the entire time.  I should have just been rude and tuned her out, but I didn't.  Then from Atlanta to Johannesburg.  A nearly 16 hour flight.  Good grief.  So that happened and my lights nor my air was working the ENTIRE TIME! Just those 3 seats.  Just those.  Also, I would like to thank Delta and the other airlines for cramming people in a plane with SMALL seats.  The odd lady next to me looked familiar to the stars of Heavyweights (not like that's bad) was sitting uncomfortably in small seats where her body was poking out everywhere.  She had to get up so I could pull my tray table to me.  
Yeah.  That's what didn't annoy me, what annoyed me was her choice in films and pausing them on the way there but we'll get to that.   So the only stewardess who cared about my predicament gave me a reading light that was well used for my trip.  I had already seen most of the films that were options and really wanted to finish Cloud Atlas.  The lady next to me watched Mud for 2 minutes then turned it like 21 and Over or something and paused it on a woman's bare breasts for a bathroom break.  Unbelievable.  So I barely slept but we got there.  The airport was cool except for the fact the chorus to Icona Pop's I Love It was on loop for the entire time... just the chorus.  That's two lines people.  "I don't Care! I love IT!!"  Over and over.  (If you haven't heard this glorious song, here it is)  Then we boarded another plane for Cape Town which was one of the BEST PLANE experiences ever.  Wine and great airplane food?  They exist indeed.  I was so happy that almost anything like this wouldn't really bother me.  Finally we got to the hotel called the One and Only and it was AWESOME! More to come later, with less complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment